In order to find the right solution for a thermal application, the first thing you need to determine is the thermal performance requirements of the system. This will be in terms of W / °C. At Getec, we can assist you with this critical stage without any obligation to you. Here is an information checklist to help you along the way. Try to answer as many of the following questions that way we can assist you better.
Information Check List
1. How much energy needs to be disbursed?
2. How cool does the component need to be?
3. How is the system cooled? By forced air, naturally convected air, or water?
4. How hot and cold can the ambient temperature be of the cooling medium?
If using Heat-pipes ask yourself the following questions:
1. Will the position of the Heat-pip be horizontal, vertical or inclined?
2. Will the Heat-pipe be straight or fitted to the medium?
3. Do you need to add any fixtures to the heat-pipe, i.e. input/output mounting blocks, direct attachment fin packages, etc.
4. Are there any things that need to be addressed, such as specific metals or materials, and special circumstances?
Do you have any information you can provide which may be of assistance to us? This can be a sketch of the intended arrangement, including a photograph of the equipment available.